Funny how a crisis robs you of time. Now it’s Saturday, and I’ve not written another poem, and I am far far behind. My personal goal is 15 poems for the month, so I have time. I shan’t give up!
I have to leave for work shortly, but O the Glory of the Mail! There is nothing that quite rivals the feeling of a bursting mailbox, a mailbox sans bills, a Mailbox of Poetry! This week has been kind to my mailbox, in particular today. It has to be a personal record, the amount of great stuff I’ve received:
- The Feb. 2008 issue of FOURSQUARE,
- bird-book, by Jessica Smith,
- May 2008 issue of Poetry,
- Free copy of The Sphere of Birds, by Ciaran Berry (from my wonderful sales rep),
- Rife, by Stefanie Marlis, my free book from Sarabande,
- and lastly, my contributor’s copy of the spring 2008 issue of Iodine Poetry Journal.
All Hail to the Household Gods of Mail!